Jump Start Learning with These Ready-To-Use, Expertly Compiled Social Studies Resources!
Save planning time; make students’ research more productive; and engage your students with these ready-to-use content sets curated and compiled to match your PreK-12 social studies curriculum. One convenient interface streamlines searching among approximately 1,600 current, trustworthy, and relevant LaunchPacks, covering world history; U.S. history; geography; civics; economics; and biographies.
Each of the Britannica LaunchPacks: Social Studies is dedicated to a specific subject and features a variety of content types—articles, images, videos, and primary sources—ideal for lessons, classroom activities, projects, or assignments.
• Approximately 1,600 LaunchPacks are mapped to your social studies curriculum—contain more than 12,000 diverse content sets, including informational texts, media, timelines, interactives, maps, and primary source documents.
• Search by topic, keyword, or grade range—All grades; PreK-2; 3-5; 6-8 and 9-12.
• Customize any pack by adding or removing content, appending notes, or uploading your own content to share with others.
• Pre-formatted MLA citations are aligned with the new Eighth Edition Handbook.
• Students and teachers are given their own personal log-in for saving their work in the “My Resource Packs” workspace.
• Features a lively, accessible interface with clear navigation tools. Britannica editors are continuously updating the packs; and there is a link that allows users to make suggestions or provide ideas for additional packs.
Britannica LaunchPacks: Social Studies provides immediate benefits: it will save you time; you can be sure that the content is reliable, up to date, and age-appropriate; it allows students of varying reading levels to access the content they need to know; and it gives you a variety of content types and choices to enliven your lessons.
Interest Level: Grades PreK-12